Introduction: Seven Kings
Hidden Gem in East London: Seven Kings
Seven Kings, a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood in East London, is often overlooked. But this hidden gem offers a unique blend of old-world charm and contemporary energy, making it a must-visit for anyone seeking an authentic East London experience.
Seven Kings’ history dates back to the medieval era, and its name is thought to be derived from the seven kings of Wessex who ruled England in the 9th and 10th centuries. The neighbourhood experienced significant growth in the 19th century, following the construction of the Great Eastern Main Line railway. Today, it is a thriving multicultural community, with residents from all over the world.
- Family Fun
- Health and Safety
- Shopping and Dining
- Community and Support
- Getting Around Seven Kings
- Housing in Seven Kings
Education in Seven Kings
Seven Kings is a district of Ilford in London, England. It is home to a number of schools and educational institutions, catering for children of all ages and abilities.
There are a number of primary schools in Seven Kings, including:
- Seven Kings Primary School
- Hainault Primary School
- Valentines Primary School
- St. John’s Church of England Primary School
- Seven Kings First School
There is one secondary school in the immediate area:
Seven Kings School is an all-through school, meaning that it caters for pupils aged 4 to 18. The school has a good reputation and is consistently ranked as one of the best schools in Redbridge. There are also plenty of secondary schools within Ilford.
There is also great demand in the area for 11 plus as Seven Kings is relatively close to Ilford County High and Woodford County. The Redbridge 11 plus is very competitive, the 11 plus is always a fierce battleground.
You might like to read:
There are a number of further education colleges in the local area, including:
- Redbridge College
- Barking & Dagenham College
- Newham College of Further Education
These colleges offer a wide range of courses, including vocational courses, apprenticeships, and A-levels.
There are a number of universities in the local area, including:
- University of East London
- University of Essex
- Queen Mary University of London
These universities offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Other educational institutions
There are a number of other educational institutions in Seven Kings, including:
- Seven Kings Library
- Seven Kings Museum
- Seven Kings Learning Partnership
The Seven Kings Learning Partnership is a collaboration between Seven Kings School and a number of other schools in the local area. The partnership offers a variety of professional learning opportunities for teachers and other education professionals.
If you’re looking for tuition, visit the centre page for more information:
Seven Kings is a great place to visit. With a variety of attractions and activities to suit all ages, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Here are a few suggestions for things to do with your family:
- Visit Valentines Park: This large park has something for everyone, including a lake, boating pond, mini golf course, cafe, and children’s playground.
- Go for a walk in Seven Kings Park: This park is home to a variety of trees and plants, as well as a children’s playground.
- Learn about the history at the Seven Kings Museum.
- Buy fresh produce and other goods at the Seven Kings Farmers Market, held every Sunday.
- Go horse riding at Aldborough Hall Equestrian Centre.
- Watch a movie at Cineworld London – Ilford.
- Make slime at Go Slime.
- Go swimming at Fullwell Cross Swimming Pool.
- Let the kids play at Owls Play Centre at Fairlop Waters.
- Try laser tag, trampolining, and climbing at Better Extreme Barking.
- Play adventure golf at Moby Adventure Golf.
- Go badminton, squash, or tennis at Barking Sporthouse & Gym.
- Go for a pony trek at Aldersbrook Riding School.
- Go swimming, to the gym, or to fitness classes at Becontree Heath Leisure Centre.
- Go bowling at Rollerbowl Romford.
- Feed the animals, go for a tractor ride, or do arts and crafts at Wellgate Community Farm.
- Let the kids play at The Jolly Jungle indoor play centre.
- Go go-karting at Capital Karts.
- Paint pottery at Creative Biscuit Ceramics Cafe.
- Watch a movie at Vue Dagenham.
- Go bowling at Hollywood Bowl Dagenham.
- Go jumping on trampolines at Flip Out E6 London.
With so much to see and do, Seven Kings is the perfect place to spend a day out with your family.
Health and Safety
According to the Metropolitan Police Service, the total crime rate in 2022 was 174.1 crimes per thousand population. This is higher than the average crime rate for the borough of Redbridge, which is 99.5 crimes per thousand population. However, it is important to note that the crime rate has been decreasing in recent years.
The most common crimes are theft, violence and sexual offences, and criminal damage and arson. Theft accounts for around 40% of all crimes committed, while violence and sexual offences account for around 25% of crimes. Criminal damage and arson account for around 15% of crimes.
The Seven Kings Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) is responsible for policing the area. The SNT works with the local community to identify and address crime problems. The SNT also provides advice and support to victims of crime.
Overall, it is a relatively safe place to live. However, some areas of the district are more crime-prone than others. The Seven Kings SNT is working to reduce crime in these areas and to make it a safer place for everyone.
Here are some tips for staying safe:
- Be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to avoid being targeted by criminals.
- Avoid walking alone in poorly lit areas at night.
- Do not leave valuables in your car or in plain sight in your home.
- Report any suspicious activity to the police.
If you are a victim of crime, there are a number of organisations that can help you. The Citizens Advice Bureau and Victim Support can provide you with advice and support. You can also report crimes to the police online or by calling 101.
You might like to read:
Shopping and Dining
Seven Kings is a great place to go shopping for a variety of goods, from groceries to clothes to electronics. Here are a few of the most popular places to shop:
- The Mall Ilford: This large shopping mall is home to a variety of stores, including department stores, high-street fashion brands, and restaurants.
- Seven Kings High Road: This busy street is home to a variety of independent shops, as well as some chain stores.
- Seven Kings Market: This market is held on Sundays and sells a variety of fresh produce, groceries, and other goods.
- Tesco Goodmayes: This large supermarket sells a wide range of groceries and other household items.
- Aldi Seven Kings: This discount supermarket sells a variety of groceries at low prices.
Dining in Seven Kings
Seven Kings has a variety of restaurants and cafes to choose from, serving a wide range of cuisines. Here are a few of the most popular places to eat:
- Kebabish Original: This popular restaurant serves a variety of Indian and Pakistani dishes.
- Seven Kings Fish Bar: This traditional fish and chip shop has been serving the Seven Kings community for many years.
- Pit-Stop: This American-style diner serves a variety of burgers, fries, and milkshakes.
- The Cauliflower Hotel: This historic hotel has a restaurant that serves a variety of British and international dishes.
- Pizza Go Go: This popular pizzeria serves a variety of pizzas, pasta, and other Italian dishes.
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a leisurely meal, you’re sure to find something to your taste in Seven Kings.
Community and Support
Seven Kings is a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood in East London with a strong sense of community. Residents are always willing to help each other out, and there is a palpable sense of camaraderie in the air.
A number of community organizations and initiatives play a vital role in supporting residents and fostering a sense of belonging. These include:
- Seven Kings Community Hub: This hub provides a range of services and activities to residents of all ages, including social events, educational workshops, and support groups.
- Seven Kings Community Vision: This group of residents works to make Seven Kings a better place to live, work, and learn. They do this by engaging with the local council and community partners to develop and implement initiatives that meet the needs of residents.
- Seven Kings Faith Forum: This forum brings together representatives from different faith groups in Seven Kings to promote interfaith understanding and cooperation.
- Seven Kings Business & Community Partnership: This partnership works to promote and support local businesses and to strengthen the relationship between the business community and the wider Seven Kings community.
In addition to these formal organisations, there are also a number of informal ways in which residents support each other. For example, several neighbourhood watch groups work to keep the community safe. There are also many social media groups and forums where residents can connect with each other and offer support.
The sense of community and support is evident in the many ways that residents come together to help each other out. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, there were a number of mutual aid groups that were set up to support vulnerable residents. Residents also came together to donate food and other essential supplies to those in need.
It is a great place to live, and its strong sense of community is one of the things that makes it so unique. Whether you’re new to the area or you’ve been here for years, you’re sure to feel welcome and supported.
Getting Around in Seven Kings
Getting around Seven Kings is easy and convenient, with a variety of transportation options available.
The location is well-served by public transportation, with regular bus and train services to other parts of London.
- Bus: The following bus routes serve Seven Kings: 86, 128, 150, 679, and N86. These buses connect Seven Kings to nearby areas such as Ilford, Romford, and Stratford.
- Train: Seven Kings railway station is served by the TfL Rail and the Elizabeth railway lines. These trains connect Seven Kings to Liverpool Street Station in central London in around 30 minutes.
Cycling and walking
Seven Kings is a relatively flat and compact neighbourhood, making it ideal for cycling and walking. There are a number of cycle paths and pedestrian walkways throughout the area, making it easy to get around on foot or by bike.
It is also accessible by car, with a number of major roads running through the area. However, it is important to note that parking can be difficult to find, especially during peak hours.
Here are some tips for getting around Seven Kings:
- Use public transportation whenever possible. This is the most convenient and affordable way to get around Seven Kings.
- If you are cycling or walking, be aware of the traffic and use the designated cycle paths and pedestrian walkways.
- If you are driving, be prepared for heavy traffic during peak hours.
Here are some additional transportation options available in Seven Kings:
- Taxis and minicabs: There are a number of taxi and minicab companies operating in Seven Kings. These can be a convenient way to get around, especially if you are travelling with luggage or have mobility issues.
- Dial-a-Ride: Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door transport service for people with disabilities and mobility issues. It is operated by Transport for London (TfL) and must be booked in advance.
With so many transportation options available, getting around Seven Kings is easy and convenient. Whether you are a resident, visitor, or commuter, you are sure to find the best way to get to where you need to go.
Seven Kings is a district in Ilford, London, England. It is known for its diverse population and its mix of old and new housing.
According to Rightmove, the average house price in the area as of November 2023 is £447,072. This is higher than the average house price in Redbridge, which is £411,529. The most popular type of property in Seven Kings is the terraced house, with an average price of £505,327. Flats have an average price of £242,660, and semi-detached houses have an average price of £565,824.
House prices have increased steadily in recent years. In 2022, the average house price in Seven Kings was £411,529. This represents an increase of 9% over the previous year.
The demand for housing is high, due to its good transport links and its proximity to central London. However, the supply of housing is limited, which has contributed to the rising house prices.
The housing market is expected to remain strong in the coming years. The government’s plans to invest in infrastructure in the East London area are likely to boost demand for housing in Seven Kings.
Here are some additional stats about Seven Kings housing:
- The homeownership rate is 58%, which is slightly higher than the average homeownership rate in England, which is 53%.
- The average household size is 2.7 people.
- The most common type of household is the couple household, followed by the lone-parent household.
- The majority of people are of working age (35-65).
- The unemployment rate in Seven Kings is 3.5%, which is lower than the average unemployment rate in England, which is 4.1%.
Overall, the Seven Kings housing market is strong and is expected to remain so in the coming years.
Seven Kings is a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood in East London with a lot to offer its residents and visitors. With its rich history, eclectic mix of cultures, and thriving community, it is a great place to live, work, and play.
If you’re looking for a place to call home where you can experience the best of what London has to offer, it is the perfect place for you. With its convenient transport links, affordable housing, and abundance of amenities, Seven Kings has something to offer everyone.
Whether you’re a young professional, a family with young children, or a retiree, you’re sure to feel welcome and at home in Seven Kings. So come and explore this hidden gem in East London today!