About the 11 Plus Holiday Course
Our 11 plus holiday courses are designed for children to learn in a fun atmosphere.
No two courses have the same content and each course will revise, refine and reinforce a set of skills taught in class.
Elements such as exam techniques and timing often don’t get the attention they require.
During these sessions we go through full 11+ papers and mock exams, do quizzes and other interactive activities to make the learning experience more effective and enjoyable (to the point where the children often don’t want to leave!) as well as cover exam techniques.
11 plus holiday courses can really help get your child ready for 11 plus success.
Personalised and genuine feedback will be given after each session as well as at the end of the week. We are here to help you smoothly navigate through your child’s 11 plus journey.
Here are some example topics of what the Summer holiday courses cover:
- Understanding algebraic language and using algebraic formulas to solve problems (maths)
- Mastering the relationship between fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios (maths)
- Finding the area, perimeter and volume of common shapes (maths)
- Extracting information from tables, charts, graphs and pie charts (maths)
- Solving complex worded questions and problems in the fastest methods (maths)
- Comprehension – writing to score top marks (English)
- Improving creative writing to gain maximum marks (English)
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar revision (English)
- Vocabulary (English and Verbal reasoning)
- Logical deduction skills (Verbal reasoning)
- Spatial awareness (Non-verbal reasoning and maths)
- Identifying similarities between shapes and words (verbal and non-verbal reasoning)
- Mathematical concepts such as symmetry, rotation and reflection (maths and non-verbal reasoning)
11 PLUS HOLIDAY COURSE INFORMATION
The Holiday Courses run from 10 am to 1 pm and last 4 days.
AT OUR LOUGHTON CENTRE AT
156 HIGH ROAD, LOUGHTON, IG10 4BE
AT OUR SEVEN KINGS CENTRE AT
43 MEADS LANE, SEVEN KINGS, IG3 8QL